Which front end is this?

My second donor bike has these front forks and mudguard.
What model as the title is 86?

IMG_2154
The second photo is a 85?

85 and 86 are the same. Maybe from a VFR or any other Honda … 120/80-16 and 120/70-17 have the same diameter and both are 120mm wide.

Cheers for that.
I was wondering about the front mudguard

Forks are RF/G,mudguard is from model unknown possibly aftermarket.
The forks are the same for both models apart from the finish,85 in fighting red and 86 in black

Front guard looks to be Suzuki bandit

1 Like

That front guard looks very similar to a CBR 1000 F front guard i bought fitted on CBR front end of a RE bought a while back. Mine is almost the same red shade as original R.

It must be a fork of a VF1000R. Only the RC30 had also this type of quick release clamps.
If the painting is original, it’s from an european VF1000R/G (1986) in Rothmans painting. Only this model had a black colored fork.
Check the engine. If it is numbered with 220 it’s an R/G from 1986.
The second photo is an european VF1000R/E (1984). The american VF1000R/F had the same pinting, but another fuel tank.
Be aware, there are major differences between the R/E and R/F, R/G. So you will not be able to exchange the engine and some other parts like the dumper.

The CB1000 ‘Big One’ also had quick release axle clamps. And like the RC30, they were 43mm.

You are right. But the VF1000R has only 41 mm. So it’s easy to check, if the front is from a VF1000R or the other 2 bikes.

Forks on both bikes are 41mm.
Both engine numbers start at 210.
Both rego started in NZ.