1984 VF1000FE - For Sale or Will Break

Hi Guys…

It’s been over three years since I last took to the road on my VF1000FE, so I’ve clearly moved on and it’s time to move it on too…

It’s a black/silver FE with some tatty bits and some really neat bits. I has a DRP oil-filter sandwich plate with braided stainless oil lines, Lucas (german) braided brake lines front and rear, Avon Azaro radial tyres and Motad N-eta silencers. The bike has a Euro-design rear carrier too. It also has an uprated thermo-switch so the fans actually work on this one…!!

I have a Dave Silver photocopied manual for this bike plus boxes and boxes of spares - some new, some in good useable nick and some unchecked… I have an USA-sourced “interceptor” frame (no V5), spare side panels, another tank (or two) a pair of MiVV silencers (LHS damaged), bodywork stuff, electrical stuff, engine stuff, etc, etc, etc…

Bad bits…
The engine was running well when last used, but was due a service, so still does, the bike had been dropped and the LHS of the fairing is repaired and without decals. The tank is dented (by the handlebars and my fingers) and will need work… The battery is well gone and after three years standing, the carbs will need a right good clean (again!) before she’s running again

I’ll sell the whole for £500 or VERY near offer and can deliver or come meet the buyer “half way” if needed (at the buyer’s reasonable expense). Failing that, let me know what bits you’re after and I’ll see what I can do… I’ll sell the spurious spares first, and I’m looking for sensible offers for the bike… So, c’mon it’s nearly Christmas…!!

Miti

P.S. The bike and I are just North of Glasgow, Scotland and you can reach me direct at mailto:j_mitchell@lineone.net or on 07786613402

How much for the Euro-design rear carrier please ?

Whats it look like any photos you could send me

regards
Lloyd

[:0]

Sad news Miti-Babe, its probably the last black-silver one in Scotland…

shame to break it up i t wouldnt cost the earth to put right by the sounds of it …

Miti, I,ve emailed you.

Martin

quote:
Originally posted by radicalrabit

shame to break it up i t wouldnt cost the earth to put right by the sounds of it …

You’re right… I bought the bike as a non-runner back in 2005 (ish) and spent a small fortune sorting the carbs, chassis bearings, chain/sprockets, etc… I was pig-sick when I dropped the bike (hence damage to tank and LHS MiVV exhaust) and started to collect parts for a full teardown and rebuild… I’ve loads of new stuff and even more 2nd hand stuff It’d be great if the whole lot went to someone who was going to get her BOTR, but business is business and I’ll sell her in bits if not in one piece.

I’ve replied to your e-mail Martin - hope that’s interesting to you.

Carrier… It’s a pretty ugly design, tubular steel with a black nylon (satin) finish. Very utilitarian. It has a Givi mounting plate bolted to it. £20 for the carrier, £30 with the Givi plate too.
(Plus P&P at cost).

BTW: The bike is also advertised in Realclassic, so I’ll not be tearing any lumps off until I’m csrtain it has to be done… Hope that’s not a problem.

And: I also have a cowling from an FF in Red/Silver, another FE cowling in primer, and lots of bodywork from a white/blue/red “interceptor” if any of that is of use… This stuff is not on the bike and can go any time…

Miti

The FE cowl is it the upper or lower? and how much?

ff ?? f2f ?

RED / SILVER SOUNDS LIKE F2F THEY WERE ONLY RED OR SILVER SO PRESUME RED WITH SILVER BAR how much do you want for that please ?

quote:

ff ?? f2f ?

The cowling in primer isn’t easily identifiable as it’s no colour or decals. I have the two main panels and the screen, but no Honda badge/grille. One of the main panels is missing the “pocket” that slips over the retainer at the front of the tank. I’m thinking about £40 plus P&P.

I’ll dig it out of the loft and get the part numbers from inside the panels. I’ll get a couple of snaps too.

Miti

quote:

RED / SILVER SOUNDS LIKE F2F THEY WERE ONLY RED OR SILVER SO PRESUME RED WITH SILVER BAR how much do you want for that please ?

It’s like this one:

It’s complete, with the screen and Honda badge and not in bad nick (not perfect though). I’m thinking £45 plus P&P.

Miti

Hi Miti,
When you say bodywork for “interceptor” model do you mean the VF1000R? If so what have you got exactly? Any pics you could email would help.
Cheers,
Andy[8D]

Did Honda call the 1000R an Interceptor over there?

Miti, don`t forget my earlier inquiries please ( for the side panels )

Ta
Martin

Hi Guys… Apologies for being away and not responding to enquiries… Been in hospital for an op and recovery… I had thought the VF and associated parts sold, but that’s fallen through… I now have a bit of time on my hands and can get back into this properly…

I’ve knocked up a short list of the bits I know are there and I’ll get some more details for those who’ve enquired.

BTW: The “Interceptor” was the model name given to VF1000F models released in North America an 1984 (VF1000FE in UK). Different colours and cast alloy wheels, otherwise just about the same, I’m thinking…

This is the bike I’m selling (photos taken last week):

This is the best of the two fairings:

Some of the plastics:

The USA (interceptor) frame:

And the short list of parts I came up with just now…

Interceptor LHS Side Panel (Red/Blue/White)
Interceptor Tailpiece - (White/Blue)
Interceptor Front Mudguard (White)
Interceptor frame (No V5 USA bike never registered in UK)

VF1000FE Top Fairing with screen (Grey primer) No Honda Badge, Slight Damage
VF1000FE Fuel Tank (horrible red) complete with cap/tap/sender
VF1000FE Fuel Tank (horrible green) stripped
VF1000FE RHS Side Panel (Blue/Red/White)
VF1000FE Fairing Inner Dash Panel
VF1000FE Rear Mudguard (front section)
VF1000FE Instruments (full set - complete).
VF1000FE Ignition Units (both x2)
VF1000FE Wiring Harness
VF1000FE Switchgear (left and right)
VF1000FE Headlamp plus mounting hardware
VF1000FE Indicators (x3)
VF1000FE Gear pedal & Linkage
VF1000FE Brake pedal
VF1000FE Rear brake master cyl & reservoir
VF1000FE LHS footrest hanger and footrests
VF1000FE RHS Handlebar

VF1000FE LHS Mirror
VF1000FE front/rear sprockets
VF1000FE camchains (pattern x2)
VF1000FE Cam-cover seals
VF1000FE Jama/Lazer intermediate pipes (x2 Stainless steel)
VF1000FE Centre Stand (Honda BNIB)
VF1000FE Carbs (in bits)
VF1000FE Anti-dive sticker for fork leg (Honda BNIB)

VF1000FF forks (stanchions require rechroming)
VF1000FF yokes
VF1000FF front wheel (Black comstar 18" with axle and speedo drive) Avon tyre fitted.
Vf1000FF Top Fairing with screen (Silver/Red) Complete.
VF1000FF Headlamp
VF1000FF Rear Lamp
VF1000FF Wiring Harness

Enough nuts, bolts, washers, brackets, axles, relays, bulbs, widgets and screws to build a couple of VF1000’s…

If someone wants the lot (bike, all the parts, manual, fiches, everything) I’ll take £500 cash. I have access to a trailer/van and can deliver (at cost) as far South as Carlisle.

Let me know if you’re interested and, once again, apologies for the hiatus with the information on this.

Awrabest

Miti

Hi Miti-Babe,

It’s a longshot, but you say you have a lot of “engine stuff” so I’ll take a chance.

Do you by any chance have rocker arms to sell? I am doing a complete engine over haul and are in need of a new set, preferably all eight.

Best Regards
Markus
Stockholm, Sweden

if I had not just ordered a custom paint job for my Harley i would have snapped this up straight away,but funds are tight now.If you still have it in a couple of months then i can take it.

Do you still have the rack ?
I would like to buy it if its avalable

Lloyd in Norwich

quote:
Originally posted by Miti-Babe
quote:

You’re right… I bought the bike as a non-runner back in 2005 (ish) and spent a small fortune sorting the carbs, chassis bearings, chain/sprockets, etc… I was pig-sick when I dropped the bike (hence damage to tank and LHS MiVV exhaust) and started to collect parts for a full teardown and rebuild… I’ve loads of new stuff and even more 2nd hand stuff It’d be great if the whole lot went to someone who was going to get her BOTR, but business is business and I’ll sell her in bits if not in one piece.

I’ve replied to your e-mail Martin - hope that’s interesting to you.

Carrier… It’s a pretty ugly design, tubular steel with a black nylon (satin) finish. Very utilitarian. It has a Givi mounting plate bolted to it. £20 for the carrier, £30 with the Givi plate too.
(Plus P&P at cost).

BTW: The bike is also advertised in Realclassic, so I’ll not be tearing any lumps off until I’m csrtain it has to be done… Hope that’s not a problem.

And: I also have a cowling from an FF in Red/Silver, another FE cowling in primer, and lots of bodywork from a white/blue/red “interceptor” if any of that is of use… This stuff is not on the bike and can go any time…

Miti

quote:
Originally posted by Mackan

Hi Miti-Babe,

It’s a longshot, but you say you have a lot of “engine stuff” so I’ll take a chance.

Do you by any chance have rocker arms to sell? I am doing a complete engine over haul and are in need of a new set, preferably all eight.

Best Regards
Markus
Stockholm, Sweden

Probably… (although I’ve advertised the lot for sale…) I could take a look-see. They would be 2nd hand though, not new. Would that be OK…?

Jeff

quote:
Originally posted by windysolar1

Do you still have the rack ?
I would like to buy it if its avalable

Lloyd in Norwich

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>

Hi Lloyd. Nice chatting to you today. I’ll get the rack and reistall the OEM frame rails/indicator brackets. I’ll get P&P costs to you asap.

Jeff