Cbr600 conversion route

Hey Bif , do you do your own machining of the carrier and spacers?
If so what would you charge to do mine, they can mostly be turned down from the original spacers from the cbr wheels and the vf.
Just a thought when I saw you were doing another conversion.
Thanks
Nigel

Hi Nigel,I don’t do my own lathe work(no lathe)but have a local machine shop that doesn’t mind a bit of cash work.
I opted for stainless steel for the spacers simply to avoid having to plate or treat them with anything.
It’s a lot cheaper to have them made new rather than cutting down the existing ones (one piece of material turned and bored to the right dimensions then the spacers parted off at each length)
Worth a phone round to see who is working,it may surprise you how many people are.
regards Bif

1 Like

Hi Bif hope you are well.
I was given a tip on gathering the parts to finish the vf wheel conversion, it was to get in touch with daugherty racing in the US, they have done kits to do the conversion,.
When I gave him the story and where I was up to in the conversion he totaly poooood the rout I had taken and insisted the only way is his way, I am not saying your way is wrong, Just the opposite, was he just trying to get me to buy his kit, he says I cant use the earo rout at all and that the speedo box needs loads of work, I cant see why your way wont work and he wants to charge nearly $400 US dollars plus shipping for the carrier changes.
I am only needing the spacer changes and the carrier job so I dont think it will cost me that much to get it done here.
Is he just a W%ÂŁ$@R ?

I will let you come to your own conclusion on that one.
I have had dealings with him in the past,none of which were very positive.
That said some of his work looks good and by all reports works well,I certainly won’t be offended if you choose to go that route.
Best regards Bif

1 Like