How many VF's do the Forum members own ?

I have one `86 VFF AOrhun VF1000F c

5 Likes

Just one for now…DSC04314 DSC04313

4 Likes

IMG_20200913_075106 IMG_20200913_075037
Well there are 4 vf1000 on Scottish trip

3 Likes

I have a vf1000re owned 20 years on the road but now the starter reduction gear has some teeth missing so going nowhere till i can find the part

Are you in Cumbria mate? I live in Workington and have an 85 Bol D’Or.

Frew

I am in Crosby just outside Scaryport, I meant Maryport

1 Like

Spooky,lived there when I first got married(the first time)84-86

2 Likes

:thinking: You must be a good man Bif :joy:

1 Like

Hi,
I have just become a member.
I have 9 VF1000’s in various stages of repair and rebuild. and various models.
Had an accident 5 years ago and can no longer ride a sports bike because of a stiff right knee
and 30mm shorter leg. I am looking to build a cruiser out of one or more of my bikes so that I can
hit the road again. I intend to mount forward foot controls and am looking for a way to fit handlbar mounts instead of the clip ons. would appreciate any information on how to change the top tripple tree to one with handlebar mounts. IE: Does any other model have a top tripple tree with handle bar mounts that will exchange straight over for the standard VF1000 mounting. Have picked up a top tripple tree from a VF1000R which is solid but don’t think is strong enough to drill and fit handlebar mounting brackets.
Would appreciate any suggestions.

I did a similar thing with my Blackbird. I just hunted around for a dirt bike top triple with cast in handlebar mounts and the same diameter forks. I then cut the middle out and so there is a section for each side to mount to the forks and bars. Blackbird forks are 43mm so XR600 worked. I believe some model XR250s have 41mm so that should work.
I don’t have a photo at the moment but if you need one, let me know

1 Like

Wow, 9 VFs, does anybody own more than that?

Have to correct that.
Just bought another rolling chassis of an F2F.
Got every thing except the motor.
So do we call that 10 or just 9 and a half.

1 Like

Teambif have 5 FEs,2 FFs,1 F2 and 3 Rs one of each.
That’s between the two of us.
We also have the baby 500 which is an absolute peach

4 Likes

Just got the one ff. Bought 15 years ago as a right off from a scrapyard. It was my first bike… Got it back on road with minimum fixes and rode it for years as a mongrel covered in scratches. Always liked the ride so I kept it. It finaly got a coat of paint just 4 months ago and it’s def a keeper.

3 Likes

There is not enough storage space for my bikes. So it is “only” the 86 “1000R” and the 87 “R400R” and half a bike each as spare parts. If I find a “500F/F2” in a condition worth putting effort into it, I would take that.

IMG_20200825_103650

2 Likes