How's about a wee tour to Ireland?

Just batting some ideas about,who would fancy a blast round the NW200 track?add the giants causeway,the rope bridge Joeys bar(plus any other bars on the way) Joeys memorial is a must visit as is Cushendun village.
This may give the regulars a chance to catch up with our Celtic cousins and gain some tips on drinking The black stuff
Answers on a postcard to …
Bif

2 Likes

Count me in bif.

Gary

That sounds like a fine idea.
I’ll certainly make my way north to join the fun.

We did an itinerary not far from that for a family jaunt two years ago and it was great.
Did a few Game of Thrones points of interest too.

A

What times the ferry :+1:

Yup I’m interested, when were you thinking Bif?

This would replace the normal Scottish bash while including a bit of Scotland most people miss.
So the first bank holiday in May would be favourite.
Ferry cost is £75 return on a non refundable basis.
If enough interest is shown I will do a bit of work on accommodation.
Regards Bif

Let me know if I can be of any assistance this end, happy to help.

I will be sure to take you up on that👌
Regards Bif

2 Likes

Yes Bif I’m up for this. :+1:

Looks like the VF1000.com boys are off to Ireland then.
If we stick with the first May bank holiday weekend that will give those travelling furthest plenty of time to get home on the Monday.
Lessons learned from the last trip re sleeping arrangements will be considered,so single as well as twin rooms will be looked at.
VF1000.COM decals will be produced for this trip so no one will be in any doubt as to who we are.
Regards Bif

2 Likes

I dont Want to mess anyone about but Johnboy can’t do the first weekend in May due to his shift pattern.
The following weekend is doable for him,as he missed out on Hulme End last time because of work,are there any objections to rolling the trip back a week?
who knows maybe Marmite may be able to join us as this won’t clash with his French jolly
Regards Bif

1 Like

Great by me Bif:wink:

Fine by me, im working every weekend in may so will have to take holidays regardless of when we go.

Ok by me, it may be easier with the bookings as well being a non bank holiday weekend.

1 Like

Thanks guys.I am greatful for your forbearance!:grin::grin::grin:

Well that’s a date gents,I will get on with a bit of forward planning and keep you all informed
Best regards Bif

Hey Bif,
just to clarify, would this be the weekend of the 4th or the 11th of May?

It’s just the Wife’s birthday is the 7th, so not sure what way things are as regards leave to play with the bikes :slight_smile:
P

We would be over Friday 10th May.
That gives you lots of time to clock up the brownie points required for a day(or so) up state
Regards Bif

1 Like

Thanks Bif!
That should be feasible.
Let me know if I can do anything to organise this side of things.

A

Thanks mate,accommodation is awkward when organising for a group,Scotland trips have relyed mainly on bunkhouse’s,with the occasional hotel thrown in,if twin rooms(with two real beds)were available.
B+B would be fine too if 4 rooms were available.
Ideally no more than a couple of hours from Larne as most of the lads will be coming off the ferry with a few hundred miles under their belt already.
If anything comes to mind please do flag it up
Bif