Hulme end 2019 (away leg)

just posting this up now to gauge interest, Due to the manifold in being fully booked on the weekend that we normally do Hulme end we will have to change venues and probably dates, my thoughts for this year is to have a “away fixture” in wales,
having spoken to a couple of regulars, we have come up with these dates, as usual, arrive Friday afternoon, head for home sunday morning.
EITHER
23rd / 24th august.
30th / 31st august
6th / 7th September
ive been having a look at accommodation around the Llangollen area, we probably need to get something firmed up by the middle of this month, anyone wanting a room to them selves should let me know, or I will book twin rooms as normal, if possible.
If the accommodation needs paying on booking I may need some funds to cover the cost of the room just incase anyone drops out,

any questions
pete

1 Like

I’m in Pete, bike should be back on road by then! Actually will be back next week. Book me a room by myself and I’ll do a bank transfer as soon as you let me know price, as for dates I’ll go with whenever everyone else can make it. I’m presuming you have a bank account and don’t want an envelope stuffed with cash!

Garyb

1 Like

Hi pete I cant do 6th/7th as I’m in Portugal. 23rd is best but 30th is still ok.
Cheers
Andy

1 Like

Hi Pete,

I’ve been on the forum for a while but not posted anything as my VF has been quietly evolving in the garage. It’s now on the road but there are still a few things to nail down before it gets a paint job however the thought of a VF meet up in Wales would be a really good ride out and a chance to talk bike.

At the moment I can make any of the dates suggested and would like a single room.

Regards
DaVF

Hi davf, welcome to the forum. I’m going to be sorting the accommodation out this weekend, it will be good to see another vf on the road and attending one of our meet ups.
Can you PM me your full name as I will probably need it on the booking form, I know everyone elses info.

Cheers

1 Like

Pete 23rd will be difficult for me as other people off in work and it’s a bit late to try and find cover. If that’s the only date we can do let me know as soon as pos and I’ll try and get somebody to cover for me.

Garyb

no problem gary, ive just secured the accommodation for the 30/31st, at the Royal hotel, langollen, ll208pg.
we have one twin room john and andy, £180 for room for 2 nights
and 3 single rooms, myself, gary, davf, £110 per room for 2 nights,
Its free cancelation up to 20th august, and pay on arrival, I think I will have to pay for it on my card as the booking is in my name, so if you guys can either fetch some cash with you ,or send me some money closer to the time that would be good, If anyone, for any reason cant make it, let me know in good time then I can alter the booking.
… one last thing… really looking forward to it :woozy_face::partying_face::+1:

1 Like

Thanks Pete. I’ve booked that weekend off and looking forward to more intellectual conversations over a pint of cider or two! Do you have any routes in mind, I know of a nice little route around that area though don’t ask me to pronounce any of the place names.

1 Like

Hi gary, that was going to be my next question,“does anyone know where to go?lol”,
I have just recently been in Wales and rode from Tywyn on the coast back towards Chester through snowdonia which is absolutely stunning, unfortunately though, there seems to be a massive road works program going on in Wales, I must have encountered 20 plus miles of freshly shingled roads, marmite and his mate rode along the coast and encountered the same.
So yes Gary, if you know a decent route around the area I’m happy to let you plan the route, :+1:

1 Like

I’ve had a go on myrouteapp and will try and send invites to people in group, I’ve got John’s details but anyone else may need to send me their email address. I’m off for a couple of weeks starting next week so may do route to make sure there aren’t any road works. Route is about 100 miles with a stop at a cafe half way round.

2 Likes

Have added route to vf1000.com group on myrouteapp so Pete and John should have access to it, let me know if you can it’s called llangollen day ride.

2 Likes

Hi Gary, yep the route is showing ok in the vf1000.com section on myroute app, will down load it closer to the time :+1:

This will be my first ‘proper trip’ out on the VF and not used the route app before.
But - I’ve now downloaded it to my phone so Garyb could you send me the route if I send you my email direct to you?

I’ll be coming from the Coventry area so don’t know if this will affect the route in any way.

1 Like

No problem, the route is for the Saturday leaving from the hotel and returning there so will not make any difference where you are coming from. What make sat nav do you have? The myrouteapp gives two choices of format for my Garmin but only one works, the other joins the waypoints in a straight line through houses, fields etc. Not a good idea!

Hi guys. I have just got the tyres on the Bol dor, metal valves this time. Just got to try them out now! Really looking forward to the trip.
IMG_20190719_181953 IMG_20190719_181833 IMG_20190719_181904

1 Like

garyb / frew168 thanks for the assist I now have the route on my phone. It looks like its working.

Much appreciated cheers

1 Like

Was just thinking, would it be a good idea to all meet at the ponderosa bikers cafe then head to the hotel from there, then all the rooms and booking in can be sorted together,

Fine by me, what time are you thinking?

Mid afternoon, except myself and Andy we are all coming from different directions and distances, I will probably aim for 2.00 to 3.00, I don’t mind drinking tea and chilling out for a few hours…

I’m nearest so I can make it anytime and maybe drinking tea all day instead of beer like last year may mean I wont be so drunk!

1 Like