Hulme end 2019 (away leg)

Hi Dave no luck in the store,all the stantions I have need work.
Last time I had a pair rechromed it was £150,about the same as one new one on Italian eBay.There is a listing for F2 forks £145 each with free postage.
Sorry I couldn’t help,regards Bif

Just found this one at £120 Italian eBay no.401640509749

1 Like

Bif thanks for trying. Really appreciate it. I did clock some on eBay but having seen the state of my fork stanton when I took apart I decided to I just didn’t want to risk another bill or agro a short way down the line so have opted to get a couple made ~ the left hand stanton while not leaking has worn scored bearings. ABE make new ones for £90 each.

I was at the point where I was enjoying riding the bike as it was before these recent problems so think this has pushed me to get it running reliably and taking more time to really consider next upgrade optIons.

Hi dave, you won’t go wrong with ABE, they made me the custom length one I have on the R so I can use the vtr1000f front end,

Thanks Pete that’s great to here. I’ve only spoken to them on the phone so have no other experience of them and I only posted my tubes off yesterday after a bit of soul searching. I have a feeling you might have mentioned your front end mod on the llangollen trip but the brain was a bit to full of alcohol to process it properly. .

I’m still looking ok for the Stafford show are you and the other llangollen crew still going and if so what day? Are there any other vf guys going?

I’m dredding coming across a perfect set of forks now after sending mine off.!!,

Hi dave, at the moment there is myself, gary and probably Phil who you haven’t met yet going, I’m easy to go either day, but Saturdays are the best, less crowded, more chance of baging a bargain.
There is a post up in the events section for the “stafford show 2019”

1 Like

Hi Pete. From your prompt I posted in the events section on the stafford show. And at the moment I can do either day but Saturday sits me best.

Hi Chaps

Believe it or not it’s taken me until today to get the old girl through her MOT after the fall out from her first outing to Wales!! Not going to bore anyone with the story just relieved that she got there ~ paint job still not sorted though. Have to own up to letting frustration get the better of me when I found a Black Friday deal on Wilbers and but well sometimes good things come out of bad situations…

Front tyre was a little close to the knuckle so MOT trip included a tyre.

Now looking to catch up on missed riding miles. Do any VF guys meet up nearer to the midlands area for shorter rides? If not hopefully I’ll be able to make it to a long one.

Happy new year to all.

Cheers

Dave

2 Likes

Happy new year to you too dave, the wilbers shock looks good, I imagine the ride is far better now,

1 Like

High Pete

Yes it feels like a new bike thanks, great. Front end feels much different and smooth as well.

We still have our ongoing combination of trips visiting old folk and other problems which has meant not being able to get out on her at all other than 2 short rides, 1 to the mot on new year’s eve which was 30 miles and then to work on the first day back of 2020 which was freezing but it had to be done.

I’d like to have gone to Newark but we have been visiting old folk this weekend.

I’ve not heard anything on the VF shirt subject have you?

As PAJ holds copyright on the logo I would suggest a pm with him on the subject
regards Bif

Thanks Bif will do