Scotland soirée 2020

As this year rapidly draws to an end,my thoughts have turned to where to go next year.
This year saw us do less miles per day than previous years but didn’t detract from the event at all.
More of the same? Or a bit more each day?Let me know your thoughts gents.
Nadgery single track road will be kept to a minimum
Anyone wanting a room to themselves,let me know in plenty of time and we will be doing a Carlisle Friday morning meet up and back to Carlisle for lunchtime Monday
Regards Bif

2 Likes

Hope I can make it and i enjoy the company and the routes so will go with the flow.
We do seem to be turning into culture vultures!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Hi bif, count me in, I wouldn’t worry if we end up re visiting a few areas/roads, it’s not like we are up there regularly.
I think having a few more stops like last year was good, but I dont mind doing a few long ones if it gets us to a decent pub :+1:

1 Like

Yes Bif I’m in:grin: If we can avoid 15th to 18th May that would be great as I will be away that weekend. I’m ok with long or short days so whatever you chaps want. On my NC500 this year we did the Kinlochleven loop which was nice so thats a little suggestion from me!

2 Likes

Yeh I enjoyed the shorter runs. But the loop Andy said but to creiffe over the a9. Up to Blairgowrie and maybe in to Pitlochry or up to Huntly… Just a thought. Really I’m easy. As for rooms I really don’t mind to much sharing I can supply ear plugs for my snoring. Lol

3 Likes

As most were present at Newark on Saturday a decision was taken to go with 1-4 May as dates and the Portsonachan Hotel as the venue.
Saturday and Sunday will be trips out looping back to the hotel.
I will pm everyone with details of costs and ask please that you transfer the funds to my account by Feb 27th.
Breakfast included is continental plus porridge
you can go for the full cooked alternative for a reasonable £5 per person per day.
It will be here before we know it
regards Bif

3 Likes

Top work bif, id better get in the garage and get the bike fettled, have direct transfered some funds over, should be in your account tomorrow… :+1:

2 Likes

Excellent! Looking forward to this one!! BTW it’s got motor boats!!! :speedboat: :speedboat: :speedboat: :speedboat: :grin:

2 Likes

Money zapped over to Bif :smiley:

2 Likes

:+1: cheers Drew that’s appreciated
Bif

Money paid into your account, thanks biff. The plan sounds great and the hotel looks far too good for a bunch of hairy arsed bikers like us! I’m sure we’ll lower the tone nicely. Looking forward to riding on nice roads again and not just using the bike for going to work.

Garyb

4 Likes

Hi gents, just working on the route up to the hotel.
hope this works

When it opens in the app just click on Route in the tool bar.
The route for all days will be available soon

3 Likes

Looking good john, not long now, just hope the weather improves a little :+1:

1 Like

As we all suspected Scotland is closed for visitors for the foreseeable future.
I have contacted our hotel and rebooked our accommodation for September 11-14.
These dates are tentative and can be altered subject to availability.
If all goes well and we are covid free by September there will be V4 thunder in the glens
regards Bif

4 Likes

Sounds good to me :+1:

1 Like

Should be OK for me :grin:

2 Likes

Will be fine for me. Having a cold cider in the garden and missing you all, we shall have to make up for it when we do eventually get to sunny Scotland!

3 Likes

Hopefully fine Bill. If I’m workin I can’t see it being a prob. Took vf doon to killie for essentials. Ie drink at asda. New rear shocker good

3 Likes

Just as well the top box is bolted on now,you wouldn’t want to loose that precious cargo

2 Likes

Aye top box is bolted doon. Unlike the last one that went bouncing doon the road.

1 Like