Sluggish starting when hot

Hi, I was wondering if this issue has been resolved. When the bike is restarted when its hot its gives me an idea the battery is half charged and is really sluggish to restart only when its hot and has been sitting for 15minutes or so. I don’t think the battery is the problem because the bike is garaged with a battery tender which analyses the battery and indicates it holds its charge. I went for a hour and half ride today and whilst hot and idling I put a multimeter on the battery with the headlight on and it indicated it was charging with no issues around low to mid 14volts.
Carbs have been done, valve clearances and plugs have been done not so long ago, petcock and fuel lines and filter have all been replaced, it runs really nice, the only issue is hot starting. Wondering if someone could give me some ideas please?

Regards Tony

Hi Tony, usually it’s the starter motor. They can be serviced but they aren’t a very good motor to start with, if your in the UK Brooks barn do a new starter for a good price, look at post from last week for Ebay auction number that bif posted it’s a better motor. If your in USA you can use one for the vf750 magna I think, check out bif`s post for details.

Garyb

1 Like

starter motor windings getting tied
fit a vf750 f starter about £55 on ebay also they have 4 brushes
I fitted one to my vf1000fe now its wonderful and fast

1 Like

Hi!

Garyb was referring to this post.

The Vf1000f from Amsterdam - Holland

The VF750 (V45) starter bolts straight in right? Even though Arrowhead say its not compatible. I trust you blokes no problem, I just wanted to understand I don’t have to make up any plates or muck around with fitting it the Arrowhead part number I purchased was SMU0100 from the USA it was a fair bit cheaper, I save a bit on freight being in Australia. Are they easy to fit?

Cheers Tony

The VF750 (V45) starter bolts straight in right? Even though Arrowhead say its not compatible. I trust you blokes no problem, I just wanted to understand I don’t have to make up any plates or muck around with fitting it the Arrowhead part number I purchased was SMU0100 from the USA it was a fair bit cheaper, I save a bit on freight being in Australia. Are they easy to fit?

Cheers Tony