STAINLESS EXHAUST INTEREST

Looks very interesting like Plamtys but with an extra balance pipe behind will they come with gaskets and clamps? Tell us how the fitting goes especially if you can leave the header pipes connected. I have to pick the FF up soon as the bike mech has blown my budget so Ill be finishing it off my self.

header pipes will have to come off to saw through the std pipes and remove the collector from the rear pipes.
Clamps can be supplied but the gaskets you will have to get from david silvers who have them in stock.I could buy a batch of gaskets to supply the complete kit but they have to post it to me then i have to post to you and it hikes the costs up.If people would prefer everything together i can do it no problem.

Looks very nice, I’d love to know some of the thinking behind the design. Why the little “dinks” in the side pipes just behind the point at which the rear headers join ? Why the rears join the side pipes ( sorry Skullster I only see one balance pipe ? ) rather than the perhaps more logical balancer pipe ?
Is this pipework going to be further boxed in or is this what it will look like ?
Is this original thinking from your chaps experience or is it copying Honda’s box internals ? I suppose what I mean is does your chap think he can improve on the oe boxes ?
Anyway I like the look and am looking forward to mine arriving in the post !!!

kfrogzx7 you are right! The angle of the pics from the bottom looked like both pipes went across now I look closer at the top ones I can see the top intakes are separate. That will teach me to comment when viewing on the phone!

After chatting to Roy about the OE design the box system is purely for noise reduction.When you look at the amount of baffle inside the box it looks like he is right.The std box does nothing to aid flow and only hinders it.It is roy’s expertise that came up with this design for more punch in the midrange and you should get a deeper tone from the silencers as well.The rear pipes are radiused into the side pipes,the pictures dont really show this at all.
It is going to be a week or so until i can strip the FF exhaust off to check the fitting and see if it needs tweaking at all before they go into production as i am off on holiday on Friday.Work is manic and i have lots of customers wanting their machined parts before i go.
If anyone has rolling chassis that could check the fitment of the collector and liase with roy whilst i’m away i could post it out to you.
They will be perfect before my name goes on them for sale so in need to get this bit right.

Looks good,are you going to test it on one of your own bikes?The majority of the collector is never seen,so I am not too bothered about it being boxed in.As long as there is no power loss over standard,I will be happy to put one on my bike.BIF

I will buy 3 for myself to keep my bikes going.I will do the road testing on my FF as its the quickest one to get the old one off of.

If this new collector tests ok and you are happy to recommend it based on its fit and performance, then I would be ‘in’ on ordering a set.

• Cheers Aaron

Hi crooky1811, if your tests run good, count me in for two sets please.
I run a small shop in Denmark, specializing in VF`s.
I can be reached directly by : info@vf-rep.dk

I am back from holiday now,I have a sports moped show to attend on Saturday 28th as i have two peds on display but i will fit the Collector system to my FF on Sunday and Monday and report back then with pictures etc.

Cheers

Alan.

After the trial fitting we are changing the design slightly.Instead of the straight side pipes we are having curved ones just to give a bit more clearance under the motor where it bolts up.The new style should be finished today so i will post up pics as soon as i have the part.
Cheers

Alan

Just a quick note to apologise for delay in posting up pics of the modded version of the collector.Its off to the polisher’s tomorrow to have the welds dressed and a brushed finish.I took my FF up to OS pipes when the nos gaskets arrived from Dave Silvers to make sure everything was perfect.
It all fits a treat and all the radiused pipework looks so much better than the std box.I can not get back up to Stafford now until Friday due to work deadlines myself so pictures of the finished and dressed collector will be up then.

Collectors are now ready.I have one fitted to my FF and it fits perfectly and runs like a dream.I have not had a chance to get up to Stafford as yet to pick up my bike and the finished collectors which is why no new pics are up at the moment.Work has got busy and that has to take preference over my bikes as without my jobs going out on time i have no money to spend on VF’s.
I have asked Roy to post me a collector to enable me to take some pics.The new design has worked out a touch more expensive to produce so they have have worked out at £230.00 each instead of the £200.00 i was told at the start.I can supply the stainless steel clamps with a 10 yr warranty but they are £13.50 each.They are well worth the money but cheaper ones may be sourced on the net for a lesser quality item.
The collector also comes with a 10 yr warranty.The new gaskets needed are in stock at Dave Silvers and are cheaper for you to buy yourself than for them to send to meand then me post out again to yourselves.
If people are still interested let me know and what stock i have left will go onto E-Bay.If they are bought through this site The price is what they have cost me to produce but the ones that go onto the Bay will be priced higher at £250.00
Thanks guy’s
Regards
Alan

Wish I had seen this before I shelled out a fortune on a used one, not stainless. I would love a set of end cans in stainless though but it will have to wait until Christmas when I have enough cash to buy them . Hopefully someone will be able to look at my bike for me and tell me why it s so slow. These ought to hit 150 so I am told, and mine only has 24k on the clock from new was built in 86. It struggles beyond a hundred and 138 two up is maxed out.

Here at last are the pics of the finished collector box.

Let me know what you guy’s think of them now that i have a design that fits perfectly and runs a treat.Any comments good or bad are welcomed.
Cheers
Alan.

When you cut the stock front pipes from an old rusty collector to use in this new design, how does one seal the joint between the two, assuming they slide inside the new collectors pipes? I can’t see any slotted end to allow clamping up. Just wondering.

The pipes are a slide fit on the stock ones so they dont leak because of the amount the stock pipes are inside the collector.The stock pipe being thinner gauge expands with the heat sealing tight to the collector.I have spoken with OS pipes this morning and all the collectors for sale will now be split as well to allow clamping as a safety measure.I wont have any comebacks on these,if they are not perfect then i wont sell them.
Cheers
Alan.

Please don’t think I was being negative Alan. I think they are great, but I wasn’t sure how the front pipes would seal. I’m in the fortunate position of having a good oe collector box, which we all know will rot eventually, but I’m seriously tempted by that georgeous stainless artwork, if I could scrape the cash together!

How did you want us to pay you for these collectors? Is paypal ok? How do you want to deal with overseas postage?

paypal is fine for payment but im not sure on the charges for using paypal.I will look into today when i get back from Dog training.