The Scottish Trip

i’ll post this on here too, just for marmite… “he is getting on a bit” :wink: :wink:

the english crew will be meeting up at Squires bikers cafe, Newthorpe Lane, Newthorpe, South Milford, Leeds LS25 5LX · on friday 29th april… (mid morning to early afternoon…time to be confirmed)

Then, from there we will be heading to Edinburgh… Ibis hotel 6 Lochside View, Currie, City of Edinburgh, EH12 9DH. hoping to arrive there sometime around 6.30/7.00 pm, so we would probably need to leave squires around 1.30/2.00.

Cheers guys.

Thanks Pete :o
Just got the exhaust to put back on the bike ( had to remove it to get to one of the vertical 6" long bolts going up into the crankcase - behind the right hand engine cover, which was leaking oil ) Also flushed out the cooling system and fitted a manual override fan switch.
Will be taking her for a decent ride before starting out on Thursday morning.

Well we did it. Rain, hail ,snow , wet roads ,dry roads , sunshine , breakdowns (me)and flipping good company.
I think the trip was a success and apologise to the guys for the frequent cooldown and water stops. I am biased but the roads we road must surely be amongst the best in the whole country. I’m sure the route will be discussed at a later date but I am putting on some photos and hope you all like them.
A big thanks to Bif for arranging it all and to all who came along. 8)

Absolutely John, I finally got back from Edinburgh to North Wiltshire by 16.15 ( left at 09.30. ) Got embroiled in the bloody Gumball Rally all the way from Edinburgh to Carlisle and M6 south so the road was swarming with police who were pulling them in left, right and centre. All the sad wannabes were on every bridge and roundabout as well as in the service stations " can I take a picture of your car please ?".
The old girl did 1250 miles in 5 days of which at least one day was giving it some real beans (to me anyway ) She was ticking over nice and smoothly when I finally got home, so I call that a result to VF 's. As John said, we went through hell and high water ( plus snow ) during those 5 days and not one of the 7 bikes broke down. Biff’s reassuring “och, she’ll be fine” helped to calm the nerves of us who were a long way from home and noticing drops of oil below the bike and clutch levers that were feeling weird. The route and overnight venues were superb as was the company and craic. Riding in a “spirited” fashion right along the side of Loch Ness will be non-forgettable. If there was a low point perhaps it was sharing a bunkhouse room with 3 other inebriated hairy arsed bikers. Thank God we opened the window before lights out. At one point in the night I thought a rutting stallion elk had got into the room - so bad was the snoring.
All in all, great fun. Lets do something like it again ?

Marmite

Well, what a fantastic weekend it turned out to be in scotland, the weather on the ride up from squires was horrendous, torrentual rain, hale, snow and temperatures close to freezing, In all honesty, i was questioning wether it was a really good idea to be doing it…
Fortunatly though the weather saturday and sunday was a masive improvement, which left us free to explore the the awsome roads and scenery that scotland has to offer, the whole ethos of biking seams different there, car drivers make way for you, the few police we saw seemed uninterested in stopping and checking us, even the police van we overtook,…
As ever, the usual suspects, Bif, John, Graham, Paul, Martin and Phil were all on top form when the evening’s eating, drinking and banter sesions started, Its a shame Ivan couldnt make it, he would have been in his element on those twisty roads…
So, a big thank you to Bif and John for sorting the accomodation and routes… Thanks to everyone else who went the extra mile and turned up in what were terrible riding conditions… Hopefully we can do this again next year…

Pete

Hope to be one of you next year (If SWMBO health’s permit)…

Thanks pete a great wkend and company good. Only a few wee breakdowns or misshaps but
Will have to do it again. Just felt sorry for all u that had a long run home. Aslong as u all got back safely.
Graham

Hi guys I would just like to add my thumbs up for the Scottish trip, It was bloody fantastic excellent company and fantastic roads, My arse nipped a few times following John and Bif but I really enjoyed it and would like to thank everyone for the fantastic weekend and great hospitality and help I was offered by all, had a round trip of 1.235 miles and the roads around this way now appear very boring, Glad to see everyone arrived home safely and cannot wait to do it again, Cheers to john and bif for arranging it all, a very successful weekend, thanks

To all who made the trip despite the poor conditions on Friday a big thank you.
I have to say I am still buzzing from the weekend.The combination of company,good roads,ability both technically and riding wise plus tails of derring do made for a brilliant experience.
Thanks go to Pete for a chance to ride his project bike,I was well impressed by the quality of the workmanship and the thought that went into it(it was a hoot to ride).
Long distance award goes to Marmite but if you can see your way clear to join us next year Fred I think the award will go to you.
Thanks to John for sharing the arranging and taking point and leaving me to dawdle along.
Next year we will explore some of the west coast but include some elements of this trip that just should not be missed.
Ivan,you were a miss but hope to do somthing in your area before Hulme End just for the chance to meet up.
Best regards Bif

Hi Bif can you tell me if you receive a pm from me and a payment to you from me please mate

bif,
I had forgot about swaping bikes, thanks for the coments but after riding your bol ive realised that i need to do a little more work on my front end, slightly weaker springs and maybe a re-build on the calipers,
I was quite suprised with my first go on a Bol’dore, once on the move the front end was lovely and light, even stretching over the gigantic tank bag, great breaks and loads of smooth power… thats made me even more determined to build a bol.

Hi guys just thought I would mention that a guy on facebook is selling 2 bols, both silver ones and wants 1200 a piece for them