VF 1000 weekned in 2013 ?

The nieve new boy ( me !) is thinking it might be a good crac to have a VF1000 weekend sometime next year in the UK.
Just an idea at this time but anyone thinking they`d be up for that ?

Martin

It would be good to see some of these bikes in one place

yep, sounds like a good idea, my fe will be undergoing some cosmetic titty-vation over the winter, but should be ready for when the sun starts shineing, so count me in.

OK this is growing tentative legs so lets keep the subject rolling by using my email address to register your interest. That way I can send out mail in one package if things reach that far.

martin.marmoy@gemco.co.uk

Pip Pip

Martin

Count Me in[8D]

Im up for it if it comes off,we tried a couple of years ago to get a meet up at the Birmingham bike museum but not enough were free to go on the selected days.

Keep em coming guys …

Just sent you an e mail.

Yes, would love to meet up with like minded riders of the VF1000’s.
David…

Not really said much on this forum but have read a lot on it. I would be interested in a meet up. My VF1000F still going strong and would like to see a few of them together

Great. Thsts 8 so far. Theyll be the usual fall out rate come the day but its looking good.
Im beginning to think about the sort of meet up it might be - perhaps an "overnighter" (cheap ) so we can sink a few jars on the Saturday evening after a nice ride round the countryside that day. Im noticing several of you guys are Wales and north England so initial thoughts are perhaps the Stafford / Telford area maybe ?

Keep `em coming.

Martin

think its probably best to look for a nice spell of weather, then choose a motorcycle event, bikers cafe or something similar, the vjmc normally has a few events up and down the country,
Dont think i will be able to swing an overnite pass though.

totally new to this forum murlarky,but should be up for whatever is arranged, I have been to the honda day at the ace cafe and that was fairly impressive, it coincides with a monkey bike rideout which is always nice to see… thats usually the third or forth sunday in may.

count me in if its somewhere north of Birmingham due to finances , Would be great to see the bikes and put some faces to the names on here

OK guys, starting to firm up some ideas. How does the end of May - beginning of June sound ? I think from the feed back, a pub that does rooms plus has camping facilities at the back might suit most peoples circumstances ? Does anyone have a big objection to somewhere north of Brum and for two nights. Arrive Friday eve, drinks and meet total strangers but obviously get on coz we`re bikers, then Saturday the chance to do what the hell you like and some routes to local points of interest available for those who fancy that idea. Saturday eve, another slurp of Gods juice and a meal before sloping off home on Sunday morning. Sound about right or have you got other ideas for us to consider ?
Martin

just a thought there are good facilities out near buxton then you have matlock the cat and fiddle the snake pass and the wood head road to explore…and play on … and of course the ashbourne road if you really need to see if your bike will still reach 150 mph (shhhhh I was just thinking out loud not encouraging anyone to speed on the highway at all, what so ever, would never do such a thing) although the A6 by pass did see a certain group of bikers well over 150 a few weeks ago as there are no speed cameras on that road and no where for camera vans to hide either …

Would love a meet but buxton area a bit far north for me,but not my 58000 mile bol d or and still going well[:D]

mine has just done 30,000 suffering from a flat battery just now but other than that ,well just nothing that some tlc and a bit of money thrown at it wont fit … Think carbs , paint lower right fairing and repair to top fairing and she will be back happt again … steering felt a we bit vague today think that could be tyre pressures will have a look at that tomorrow,

quote:
Originally posted by radicalrabit

mine has just done 30,000 suffering from a flat battery just now but other than that ,well just nothing that some tlc and a bit of money thrown at it wont fit … Think carbs , paint lower right fairing and repair to top fairing and she will be back happt again … steering felt a we bit vague today think that could be tyre pressures will have a look at that tomorrow,

When i get off my SP1 and go back to the Bol’ it really does feel vague and i have new tyres on it.

Well the response to a meet up was very positive and now I,m looking to stick a date in the diary so people dont miss it unnecessarily.People who said yes were, Windysolar, crooky1811, Roger in Leeds,RillingtonUK, bbqnm56, VFpete, Mickyards, Radicalrabbit and Andym plus me of course. Thats 10 at the outset. I understand VF Pete wont be able to stay away overnight so perhaps we can help by making it reasonably close to his home ?
How does the 1st & 2nd June sound to everyone ? I,m thinking most of us are getting too old for camping so a cheap pub B&B would suffice for those planning on staying overnight ?
Give me feedback boys (and girls ?)
Martin