VF 1000 weekned in 2013 ?

hi martin, 1st and 2nd are good for me, dont worry about the distance, i dont mind traveling, half the enjoyment will be getting there.

I’m due to get my bike in the next 2 weeks, would be up for meeting up with everyone, few beers etc. Can I invite my mate who rides a Katana 1100?

I’m also up for it, just got a few bits and bobs to sort out on the VF, don’t mind camping either or putting the miles in, I’m just south of wakefield.

Dates are fine with me.The Bol has a popped fork seal now and i hate doing fork seals.

quote:
Originally posted by wdavie

I’m due to get my bike in the next 2 weeks, would be up for meeting up with everyone, few beers etc. Can I invite my mate who rides a Katana 1100?

hi wdavie, i cant see it being a problem, a mate of mine who i haven’t seen for ages bought a katana same time as i got the vf, 20+ years ago, he still has it… good bike

quote:
Originally posted by crooky1811

Dates are fine with me.The Bol has a popped fork seal now and i hate doing fork seals.

You could try using one of the plastic tools that are supposed to clean out fork seals and cure leaks, never used it myself so can't say if it works, think they're called seal mate or summit. Is a video on you tube showing someone using one. [urlhttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Repair-your-Fork-Seals-with-Seal-Mate-leaky-fork-seal-fix-COLOR-YAMAHA-BLUE-/140824814775?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item20c9d024b7url]

Hi wdavie, ditto Petes reply. Nice machine and of the same era. Does he stand his round ? [:D]
Martin

Sorry, also meant to add - can you guys give me a clue where youll be coming from so I can try and be as central to you all as I can. I know weve got a Norwich “carrot crucher” [;)]
Ta
Martin

Hi mate he will stand his round, his bike is nice and he bought it when mere mortals like us could afford them, now they’re going for upwards of 5-6K

I’ll be coming down from the North East, perhaps we can have a few meeting places for people to meet up and ride together?

I am right on the Northants/MK border.

just on the outskirts of barnsley for me…

If we said somewhere around Coalville, Leicester shire, there are a few nice looking pubs available at the beginning of June. Their prices are around £40 - £50 for one ( Saturday )night.
Straight forward question peeps; how many of you want to commit to a single night in the Coalville area, 1st June for approx £45.00 ?
I know Pete will be a “pop in - pop out” visitor, what about the rest of you? I`ll need a deposit to secure the pub so I need to know now how serious people are please.

Cheers
Martin

Fine by me! does that include a full english?

Well done Phil. Youve got the ball rolling. Where are you based ? Ill try and get breakfast included once I know I`m seriously negotiating for some customers.

pip pip
Martin

I’m just a few miles south of Wakefield.

Thanks Phil, thats interesting because there is a cluster of VF-Ks in the North East ( well people whove responded to this weekend invite. I guess that proves the Northerners ARE more friendly than the miserable southerners ??!!) So far there are 5 people from that region who have said they`re up for it.

Keep them coming and lets see some commitment or else its just another “well we thought about it” !!

Martin

dont loose faith martin, theres another 5 months before the meeting, i suppose some may be a bit cautious at putting deposits down so far in advance, some may not still have there vf’s by then, we may have new members joining who wish to attend,
i’m sure the meeting will take place, even if i have to ride to liecester and do donuts on the pub car park by myself… (yes i know donuts are totally irresponsible, bad for the enviroment and ruin your tyres) only kidding lol

Fair play Pete, stay cool and relax baby. Will do.

Pip Pip

Martin

yeah count me in and find me somewhere to stay if available my back doesnt like camping .

IF anyone is within 20-30 miles of Glossop and fancy a meet up let me know will ya…