VF1000F Manual

Could someone share a workshop manual for my 1985 VF1000F. Picked up the bike recently, its in great condition. Im very nervous to ride too much as without the right settings i may screw up the bike. Please help!![:(]

I’ve got a Clymer manual and would be happy to let you know anything specific, what do you want to know ?

Hadleigh,Suffolk.
VF1000FE & ZX7R

There’s an oe one just popped up on ebay – you’re in luck !!!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4651612498&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:UK:1

Hadleigh,Suffolk.
VF1000FE & ZX7R

im sorry i didnt reply to your post. been real busy. Could you please scan and email the manual to my email ID if thats not a problem. Im sorry again for not replying to your post. [:)]

Biking, Brunch & Babes: the three great pleasures of life.

quote:
Originally posted by revhappy

im sorry i didnt reply to your post. been real busy. Could you please scan and email the manual to my email ID if thats not a problem. Im sorry again for not replying to your post. [:)]

Biking, Brunch & Babes: the three great pleasures of life.

That’s a lot of scanning revhappy. There are plenty of Clymer manuals on e-bay mate. I should get one of them if I was you. I got one when I was me…[;)]

Tim

This time tomorrow it’ll be yesterday

Thank you for the link. But its a VF750 Manual. Will it work for the VF1000 as well there must be a lot of different parts?

The file is only 9MB & not 92 MB.

I wanted to have a soft manual so that i could look up the parts quickly. Im buying a Clymer manual. Which is better a Clymer or Haynes??

Biking, Biking & er… Biking: the three great pleasures of life.

Correction: The file is 92 MB, i mistook an already downloaded file/manual of VF750.

The Honda workshop manual is fantastic, thank you so much. A Clymer maybe better but having an original is simply superb. Thanks again.

Biking, Biking & er… Biking: the three great pleasures of life.

quote:
Originally posted by PAJ

Here is a scan of the Honda service manual for the VF1000F, its 323 pages, (95MB) and in PDF format. I’ve used a free file sharing service to upload it too, I’ve no idea what they will be like for downloading. If anyone else wants to host the file please let me know.

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=c456d9cb498d8e0afba45f2b96bc392c

hi just wondernig if you could still get that manual Thanks

Hey there-- i could use a copy of that manual for my 85vf1000R …tried to download but i think file expired maybe? can you please send to me at Zeki@valainc.com via
filesend? thanks! appreciated!

1 Like

The VF1000F service manual is on the front page of this very website for download.

Yup PAJ did all the scanning many moons ago and stuck his handywork on the homepage for free download.You say you have an 85 VF,is it an FE or FF?The manual here covers the european FE model and covers most points on the US interceptor.The FF is a different fish altogether BIF

If anybody is interested.
Ebay Item number: 200544974120 Handbook for HONDA VF1000F - II

Here are the links from the front page

Service Manual PDF -http://vf1000.com/data/Honda%20VF1000F%20Workshop%20Manual.pdf

Part Catalogue
http://vf1000.com/data/VF1000%20Honda%20Parts%20Catalogue%20all%20models.zip

i have a spare manual in the garage and belive it or not , i
have the orignal bike handbook.

G’day everyone here.
I’m totally new here, and look forward to hear and get support from all of you experienced guy’s. And hopefully to return some “gold-grains” sometimes.
I’ve done excellent with my Clymer VF750/1000 hand book. I made a lot of stuff on my old VF750F, and never really got of the road anywhere with that. Maybe apart from the front wheel shaft adjustment, I never really got that, so no front brakes at the first couple of tries! Weird system!
But can warmly recommend the Clymer book’s. They works!

Just bought a VF1000F2, twin lights, in almost perfect condition, 42.000 km on the clock(! I know, I know, New clock, 100k’s+ etc, but the condition points the right way!) and will get it delivered in a week time. Can’t wait for the spring to arrive!

Welcome Kurt,and well done on your F2 sounds like a good buy.We at teambif run one ourselves,stock apart from mivv replica tail pipes and reworked front forks.We are using R fork internals,springs and 10mm longer spacer tubes with 15wt oil in standard F2 quantities to take the sag and dive out of the front end.We have found Clymer manuals are fine for general servicing but steer you wrong on details like cam timing.Regards BIF

VF1000F /FF-FII honda workshop manual is now being scanned!

I have done sections 1 to 17 The rest will be done as time allows. (using a flatbed scanner so its slow!) There is a separate PDF for each section so you need only download the one you require.

These are in PDf format and I have made them “searchable” So just type in what you want in Acrobat (or better still FoxitPDF) reader and off you go.

If anyone is desperate for a particular section shout up and I’ll make it a priority.

I have also done a searchable version of the older VF1000F manual off the front page.

Can the site admin let me know if I can have a temp FTP login to upload direct or I could host them on my server and you can download them for this site yourself.

OK the scan is now complete! Let me know if you need anything before it up on this site.

If you post the download link or email it to me I will have a look and put them on the site. Thanks for the hard work!

Peter.

Hi PAJ I uploaded the files to my hosted server then found they put me over my space quota. All the files take up 341MB! not including the searchable original manual. I scanned at 300 dpi for better quality. I don’t fancy re scanning them all to reduce the size :wink: I have tweaked the PDFs but cannot get them smaller. It will be best if I pop them onto CD. PM me with address details if you have enough space on this server. Otherwise I can make CDs for those who need the manual.