How many VF's do the Forum members own ?

I have an FE currently taxed but undergoing some exhaust work, chain & sprockets renewal, some casing powder coating and general service and TLC . Back on road for Easter.

Ive just brough a f2 in red, had it past two weeks replaced front fork seals, rear shock when it arrives and got to fix second gear (mirror broke off after 3 days). It needs lots of work but runs has rego (mot) and performs pretty well for a old unloved bike. front fairing falling apart and been resprayed to many times leaving a bit of over spary on frame and tank :frowning: but plan on restoring it to something close to original and if i go crazy will pull it fully apart for a ground up resto

here is my Bol,prepared for the new season and ready for MOT.

Nice bike m8 was going to do my wheels gold on the red bike looks good.thinking of doing silver one in rothmans colours as its careworn,not tatty but well used.They dont seem to make great money hence the colour scheme.Didnt say but both Bol Dor,s

quote:
Originally posted by crooky1811

here is my Bol,prepared for the new season and ready for MOT.

all MOT’d and back on the road now,Happy days

Well done looks good, got bike same also same colour but without silver stripe down tank and tailunit,also just refitted original silencers as previous owner/owners fitted nete units,didnt look right any more than same make did on my Yam fj1200.[:D]

{IF IT AINT BROKE MODIFY IT}[:)][:)][:)]
quote:
Originally posted by Andy M

Well done looks good, got bike same also same colour but without silver stripe down tank and tailunit,also just refitted original silencers as previous owner/owners fitted nete units,didnt look right any more than same make did on my Yam fj1200.[:D]

I like the NETA cans,got them on my VF500.I think they look much nicer than the stock ones.The chrome Jama ones on Bol look horrible but sound quite nice.I have 3 sets of stock silencers but if you want to sell the NETA’s i could be interested if they are in good nick.

{IF IT AINT BROKE MODIFY IT}[:)][:)][:)]

You welcom to them not dented but previous owner tried to paint black over gold anodising on sleeves got a lot off but gave up.
Where are you in relation to forest of dean glostershire?
[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

{IF IT AINT BROKE MODIFY IT}

South northants/MK border.How much for the cans ?

You can have them for oil check panel on bol dor fairing,if you dont have one then how about tenner collected?

(IF IT AINT BROKE MODIFY IT}

Hello, I’m new to this form, I have a 1985 VF1000R & 2007 VFR800 25TH Anniversary. I’ve owned the VF1000R for about 15 years and the VFR800 I bought new. If there are any VF owners in the Western parts of Canada or North Western USA may be we could ride some time.
Cheers

i have 85 f2 bol dor about to return to the fray.
birdmal uk

this is the first v4 i have owned whats the best engine oil to use?
thanks
birdmal

I have a VF1000RG which i have had for 15 years, its in the garage waiting to have the engine stripped for a repair to what i think is a small end bearing. The VF will be treated to a mild restoration while its stripped down as a few things need to be repaired like the start button and the frame, fork stanchions and the belly pan could do with the paint touched up, one of the fairing flaps seems to have dropped off so will need to be replaced.
I love this bike and it can still give a few riders on modern machines a fright when ridden hard.
I also have a new CB1000R coming this week but will bet it won’t get as many admirers as the VF gets wherever we go. [:)]

anyone3 got a clue what a running bol d’or is worth these days se4en some advertised for silly money recently…
spares are gettinjg harder to come by and mine really needs the fairing properly repaired after I slung it up the road in the spring …
I hate seeing it look so poorly … the right hand side engine cover needs replacing its pretty well gouged but not leaking. the fairing bolts are all in need of replacing specially the deuz pins and The fairing s are all suffering from damage around the fasteners but you cant really tell from the outside … I wish some enterprising person would make new fairings for these bikes .

I have an 84 FE with a recently fitted F2F engine in it, ready for the road, and the very tired FE engine for spares.

I just joined this site as i just bought a SC15 in a box as a christmas jigsaw project ! , with the amount of work it needs i cant see it on the road till end of next year , but i am selling all my other bikes to get a budget even my old faithfull xs650 ( sniff , cry ) hopefully i can add to the total of VF1000 on the road , im off to stafford to get the missing parts list started , the frame is off to be blasted in a week then i diddnt know weather to paint the frame myself or have it coated , i do have a fair bit of spraying skills , but diddnt know if there was a good ally coloured paint , any suggestions of one to try as i will test it on the swing arm [?]

[8D]I would recommend API 10W-40 SF spec
NO higher than Semi synthetic as this is an old tech motorcycle engine
My VF1000F runs sweet on it and it dont drink oil[:D]

Lloyd

quote:
Originally posted by birdmal

this is the first v4 i have owned whats the best engine oil to use?
thanks
birdmal

Come on Goofy, get it fixed !! Then you can come over on it next year to our VF1000 meeting in the UK next year ?

Martin

Five VF are squatting in my garage now:
my faithfull grey&red 1986 VF1000F/G with 80 000 miles
a red 1986 VF1000F II with 37 000 miles
a 1984 VF1000R (first reg in 12/85…)with only 23 000 miles
a 1984 VF1000F in need of cosmetic restoration with 40 000 miles
and a 1986 VF1000R G in a very shabby condition…
Add to those 2 Kawasaki GPZ 900A1 1984 and 1985 and a 1983 Maico 500 in Supermotard trim.